Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tor Gaming - Project Fire

Tor Gaming announced a new game for 2011 called Project Fire.

From their annnouncement:




So, what is this 'Project Fire'? Well, yesterday morning, an idea popped into my head. This is nothing new, I tend to have ideas pop into my head on a regular bases, many of which come to nothing but with this one it ignited a flame in my imagination (pun intended) that I just couldn't put out. So, during the day, in-between other 'stuff', I managed to get the idea out of my head and onto an electronic document. Surprisingly it stretched to 4 pages!!! Wow, a whole 4 pages.
[...]


I'm not going to give you many details about the game itself (it is still in it's concept stage after all) but I am so confident that the game will make it through the development cycle that I will say:
* The game will make use of custom dice
* The game will make use of laser etched counters
* the idea behind the game is for it to be a tactical 'filler' game where people can pick it up and play it in 30mins, maybe even faster (you know the times, you at your club, waiting with a few others for your opponents for the night to turn up. So you pull out a 'filler' game to pass those 15 to 20 mins more enjoyable. But it will also be playable by more than 2 players with added tactical and resource manage decisions which will expand the game beyond the 'filler' type game)
* It will most likely  be a 'LDG', or Living dice game. So I view it as a possible line that Tor Gaming build on beyond it's initial release with new expansions that add new dice and rules to the core game.
* It will not be a 'CDG' and you will not be buying blind. I don't like blind purchase games.... Nuff said.......



Link: Tor Gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment

We won't tolerate any insults, advertisement or price discussions. Keep it civilized and nice.