Monday, December 27, 2010

A personal note

It's the end of the year and I'm ready to go and enjoy the southern hemisphere summer for a couple of days. Time to reflect.

I started Tabletop Fix in august basically as an experiment. I was curious if I can do something that would be appreciated by the community. And I followed the very good advice of David Weber:

"Just write the story you would enjoy reading"

Well, for me the Fix is the newssite I always wanted to have. Something to pop in, look at shiny new stuff and get my daily dose of tabletop. And it's exactly working like that. The average time people spend on my blog is 2 minutes 11 seconds. That's great! Mission accomplished.


In these 5 month I wrote over 1000 posts and almost 12.000 individuals visited my blog. That is awesome and much more than I ever expected. I had days with over 1000 visitors, that just blew my mind! Thank you all!

My special thank to the 300+ gamers who visit my site on a daily base.You are great and the best motivation for me to go out and hunt news.

And there are some others I need to thank for supporting me: Larry (Bigred) from Bell of lost souls for giving me the absolutly awesome opportunity to write for one of the hobby portals with the highest profile worldwide, Zac from TGN for the warm welcome in the world of tabletop newsblogging, Wally from Harwood Hobbies for giving me the first ever exclusive content, Emily from On the lamb Games and Jason from Legends of Kalidasia for the help and cooperation and first and foremost, everyone who is still reading this :p

So, what have I planned for 2011?
Well, keeping pace with the world of tabletop news, of course.
And we hopefully will see the Tabletop Fix going viral, because there are thousands and thousands of gamer who have never ever heard of it!
That has to change.

Again, thank you all for making this work.


Best regards and game on!

Falk

PS: Well, and no news till next year :)

3 comments:

  1. Great site and have had great fun visiting. It has opened my eyes to all the other stuff out there. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good job you do, giving so many great manufacturers their moments in the spotlight. I'm glad it's worked out so well, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Have a good break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. I post links periodically so more people know about the site, because I always say you follow all the things I want to keep track of, so that I don't have to.

    ReplyDelete

We won't tolerate any insults, advertisement or price discussions. Keep it civilized and nice.